It’s season for rhubarb and you just gotta take advantage of this 🙂
I just made rhubarb crumble – yum yum!
The recipe is very easy, and you can vary the fruit (e.g. apples, plums, berries) or spices (e.g. cinnamon or cardamom).
1 bunch rhubarb (about 300 g)
75 g sugar
1 tsp. corn starch (Maizena)
1/2 vanilla pod (or vanilla sugar for lack of the real deal)
75 g butter
75 g sugar
75 grams of oatmeal
75 g flour
1. Wash rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
2. Put them in an ovenproof dish and mix them with sugar,
cornstarch and vanilla corn.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake rhubarb in the oven at 180° degrees
for 20 minutes until they are slightly soft
– I use a hot air oven/circotherm oven.
4. Make the crumble ‘topping’ by crumbling butter, sugar, flour and
oat flakes into a suitable consistency – no butter knobs.
5. Sprinkle the crumble over the rhubarb and bake for approx. 20 minutes in
the oven (at the same temperature as before) to the surface is golden looking.
6. Serve with sour creme/Greek yoghurt added vanilla (and artificial
sweetener if you like).
Bon appétit! 🙂
(if anybody want this recipe in Danish feel free to contact me).
cake, crumble, dessert, food, recipe, rhubarb, sweets