Hi peaches 🙂
I haven’t tried this recipe from Sprout New Roots yet, but it looks delicious and I swear I’m going to,
as soon as I can get my hands on some chia seeds!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Makes 1 tea-cup sized serving.
- 4-8 ounces of almond milk (or soy or whatever plant-based milk you prefer – vanilla flavored ones add extra sweetness)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1½-2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon raw agave nectar (or honey)
- Toppings of your choice (chocolate chips, strawberries etc.)
1. Mix the seeds and liquid really well with a fork so that every seed gets wet.
2. Add in the cocoa powder and agave nectar and mix.
||||It tends to be a pain to mix in as it stays dry until you really get it going.
||||Don’t give up though – it’ll take!
3. Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes or longer (you can even leave it overnight).
4. Over the course of the first 20 minutes, go re-stir the mixture a few times.
5. Then, eat up when you’re ready!
recipe, food, dessert, vegan, chocolate, chia seeds, strawberries, almond milk, cocoa