Fall is here and that means it’s soup time! 😀
I just made this creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup, so delish!
Here’s the recipe:
Creamy Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
500 g Jerusalem artichokes (don’t peel them)
300 g onions (about 3 medium-sized)
300 g potatoes
2 tbsp. oil
8 dl chicken broth
1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
2½ dl cooking cream
150 g diced bacon
1. Wash and cut onions, potatoes and artichokes into cubes and roast in the oil for a couple of minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and nutmeg. Let cook for 20 minutes.
3. Roast the bacon in a pan and set aside on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the fat.
4. Blend the vegetables and the fluid they’ve cooked in untill it reaches a creamy consistency.
5. Pour the soup back in the pot and add the cooking cream. Stir and let it boil a bit.
6. Add salt and pepper as you like.
7. Serve the hot soup topped off with bacon.
This soup is suitable for freezing.
Jerusalem artichokes, soup, food, bacon, recipe, veggies, potatoes