The weather is getting warmer and the days are as long as they get here in Denmark.
I’m already testing drinks to serve for my guests in the summer and in my search for the perfect summer drink I stumbled upon this cranberry mojito from Sues’ blog We Are Not Martha.
Yields: 2 glasses
- 8 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Ice cubes
- 4 oz. rum
- 4-6 oz. soda water
- Place cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then lower the heat a bit to medium-low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, before your berries start bursting. Remove from heat.
- Once the berry mixture has cooled, you can strain them. If you prefer, you can keep the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight before straining.
- Put about 10 leaves of mint and a tbsp. of lime juice in each glass.
With the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler mash the mint up.
- Put ice in each glass and pour 2 oz. of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz. rum into each glass.
- Top off each glass with soda water and sprinkle some fresh cranberries in for garnish.
All credit for recipe & picture
belongs to We Are Not Martha
food, drinks, cranberry, mojito, rum, mint, lime